HOMEABOUTMYSHOPSDAILYREADSCONTACT

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Slow Start


Well, we started off our day very slowly today. By we, I mean my daughter, my little fuzzball, and myself. Some days are meant to be slow- take in the beauty, savor it! I sat down to a good cup of coffee this morning and began to peruse a wonderful book on illustrator/writer Tasha Tudor that my grandmother loaned me. My grandmother simply adores Tasha Tudor, and after reading a few pages about her life, I can see why. I soaked in the pictures and words, enjoying the glorious sun that is streaming through all of the windows in my home today. I also took some time to enjoy the gorgeous bouquet of flowers that my husband had waiting for me in a vase on our kitchen table for our anniversary. All the while, my daughter is playing with her princesses in our living room. She has such an imagination! I wonder what she will channel her creativity into when she grows up? Tasha has inspired me to plant bulbs outside today the colors of a rainbow. I have gladiolas and dahlias ready to go, but I think we will take a trip to the store to see if we can find some peonies and wildflower seed. Tasha's motto is in my head- joy is there for the taking, life is to be enjoyed.

Thank you Tasha and grandma (since you loaned me the book) for inspiring my day! I leave you with a quote that I found particularly magnificent:


"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy."


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment