HOMEABOUTMYSHOPSDAILYREADSCONTACT

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Man!





Well, yesterday was my little man's 6th birthday! I really can't believe he has been a part of my life for so long! And yes, I am speaking of my dog. In this house your birthday is celebrated all the same. He dined on his favorite meal of pancakes and was begging for more. You may wonder (or not-haha) how we do indeed know that pancakes are his favorite. Well I'll tell you a little story. When he was just a wee pup my husband and I had just finished up a delicious pancake breakfast and were sitting at the kitchen bar sipping coffee. In the corner of my eye I caught sight of my then tiny pup dragging a pancake across the kitchen floor. Yes that's right- he had taken one peek into the garbage can and decided that tasty dish was not going to waste. I have never again seen him dig anything out of the garbage, so that's why we are absolutely certain they are his fave. Make's sense, right?




My daughter and I surprised him with a delicious box of doggy gourmet cookies (which my daughter was upset she could not taste) and a few fun toys- a sock monkey stuffed with a water bottle that crackles super loudly (also encourages recycling which is cool), a squeaky popcorn box, and the best dog toy I have ever seen, a squeaky doggy beer! Needless to say, I figured it was time this pooch had a beer since he is 42 in human years and seriously needs to relax. It is hilarious watching him walk around with the bottle. Don't worry- it's just a chew toy!







So Happy Birthday little man! Couldn't ask for a better friend!

1 comment: